Directors & Officers Liability Insurance
Directors and Officers Liability Insurance also known as (Management Liabilities Insurance), protects you and the company against risks and exposures from the ‘act of running the company’. It provides the protection of your personal wealth and assets from third party claims for ‘mismanagement’ and covers the directors and officers of the individual company for causing loss to third parties if found negligent.
A typical Insurance policy includes;
- Misappropriation of trade secrets, insolvent trading and unfair competition
- Employment practices liabilities such as unfair dismissal or harassment.
- Statutory liabilities including fines related to workers compensation and occupational health and safety.
- Crime Cover which includes theft by employee/ inventory or contractor.
- Defence/Legal costs, which covers costs incurred for attendance at official investigations.
- Civil fines & pecuniary fines
- Tax audit investigation costs